iOS App Testing Company:Automate iOS App Using Appium
With the advancement of smartphone technology, almost every individual owns a smartphone nowadays. Therefore, application developers have to ensure that the apps perform effectively on a wide range of devices. Enterprises should ensure that the user interfaces on their mobile app functions smoothly and does not frustrate users. Therefore, the use of automation testing becomes quite evident for all mobile applications.
One of the prominent tools for iOS automation testing is Appium. As a leading iOS app testing company in the USA, we know the importance of iOS app automation testing. Under our guidance, You can automate the iOS app testing with the help of Appium by following simple steps and the prerequisites. The following discussion presents an idea about Appium and its benefits followed by processes for iOS mobile app automation testing using Appium and Java.
Why Use Appium for Mobile Testing?
Basically, Appium is an open-source test automation tool that runs on a client-server architecture. Appium has the capability for managing multiple WebDriver sessions alongside exposing the REST API. Most important of all, you get better outcomes of iOS automation testing using Appium with Selenium WebDriver API and language-centric client libraries for writing advanced test cases for cross-platform and native apps. The support of Appium for native, hybrid, and mobile web applications makes it the ideal choice for iOS app testing.
How to Automate iOS App Using Appium
The first step in how to automate the iOS app using Appium in Mac or Windows is to fulfill the prerequisites.
- The first prerequisite is the installation of HomeBrew. You can install HomeBrew by entering the following command in the terminal.
/usr/bin/ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/
Now, type the command ‘brew –v’ and hit enter to find the version information.
- Write the command ‘brew install node’ for the installation of Node.js. Users can verify the installation by entering the ‘node –v’ command for finding the version information.
- If you want the answer to how to automate web applications using Appium, you need to download Appium. Enter the command ‘npm install –g appium’ in the terminal and hit the enter key for installing the latest Appium version. Users can verify the installation by executing the ‘appium –v’ command that shows the Appium version.
The other prerequisites for iOS mobile app testing using Appium include the live mobile device dependency, ios-deploy, WebDriverAgent, and Carthage, a decentralized dependency manager for Cocoa.
- The first step in an Appium iOS Java example for app testing refers to devise definitions. You need to define the iOS device by specifying the Name, UDID, URL information of Appium Server and Version of iOS.
- Then, you have to define the functions that you will use in the automation testing project in the BasePage class.
- Finally, you can write test cases by writing functions in the page classes and using them in test classes for the creation of test cases.
Steps To Running Appium iOS Test
Once you have created the test case, you can use it to run iOS automation tests in windows using Appium. Here is an outline of the automation process on Appium.
- Locate the Unique Device Identifier (UDID) of the iOS device.
- Activate the Web Inspector on the iOS device by accessing the “Advanced” tab in the “Settings” for the Safari browser.
- Type the following command in the Terminal prompt.
“/usr/bin/ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”
- Install the ios_webkit_debug_proxy for accessing web views on the iOS device. Run the following commands in consecutive order for installing the latest tagged version of ios_webkit_debug_proxy.
- Enter the following command in the terminal for starting proxy on port 27753.
ios_webkit_debug_proxy -c <Connected device UDID>:27753 –d
- Now, you can open the Appium application and select “Appium Doctor” for opening a terminal and checking the validity of the setup for automation.
Mobile automation testing services can provide exceptional productivity with Appium testing using Java. You have to choose a reliable iOS app testing company after a thorough evaluation of their experience in the industry and the expertise of their team members. Make the right choice and deliver the best iOS apps right now!