Selenium Test Automation Company: Selenium Automation Testing Using Python
There is no doubt that Python is one of the most preferred languages for programmers all over the world. On the other hand, selenium is one of the ideal tools for automation testing for a web application. The Selenium Python combination turns out to be promising because of the facility of writing Selenium scripts on Python in a very simple manner. Python is comparatively less verbose in comparison to other programming languages.
Furthermore, Python APIs can help users connect with browsers through Selenium and Python scripts for different browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox on various operating systems. Most of the Selenium Test Automation Company used Python language instead of using other programming languages The following blog reflects on the reasons to choose automation testing using Python over Java and the process for creating test scripts in Selenium using Python.
What are Python and Selenium?
As you all know, Python is an object-oriented scripting language designed with user-friendly aspects. The use of simple English keywords and limited syntax complications in Python make Python simpler than other programming languages. The Selenium automation testing tool helps in testing your web application by,
- Entering content in structures,
- Skimming through the application to find errors and,
- Allowing permissions to Selenium for tapping on buttons on the application.
Reasons to Choose Python in Selenium
Now, let us find out the reasons to go for the Selenium Python framework rather than choosing Java for writing Selenium scripts.
- Python programs run faster when compared to Java programs.
- Python enables dynamic typing rather than static typing employed by Java.
- Python is very simple and fits all functionalities in a single package.
- Python doesn’t use traditional braces for starting and ending blocks and uses indentation instead.
Importing Selenium WebDriver
Python automation testing using Selenium is possible only by importing the Selenium web driver. The Selenium WebDriver is a web-based automation testing framework. It tests web pages on different operating systems and web browsers. You can use Python with Selenium by binding Python and Selenium, and importing the Selenium WebDriver helps in completing the binding. Importing the Selenium WebDriver also helps in the import and configuration of dependencies for the addition of libraries and functionalities. You can import the Selenium WebDriver using the following commands,
from selenium import Webdriver
from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import keys
Prerequisites for Selenium Automation Using Python
Now, it is important to reflect on the process of using the Python automation framework in Selenium. The simplest method for the installation of Selenium in a Python environment involves using the installer pip as shown below; pip installs selenium.
Then, you have to download the additional drivers for interfacing Selenium’s functionalities with a specific web browser.
Writing Test Scripts
Now, let us see an example of writing test scripts in Python for Selenium. The following example shows code for testing login into Facebook.
from selenium import webdriver
from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import Keys
user_name = “YOUR EMAILID”
password = “YOUR PASSWORD”
driver = webdriver.Firefox()
element = driver.find_element_by_id(“email”)
element = driver.find_element_by_id(“pass”)
Let us find out what each line of the above code implies,
- Importing WebDriver from Selenium module.
- Importing Keys from Selenium Module.
- The variable ‘user’ will help in storing the values of the username.
- The variable ‘password’ will help in storing the values of the password.
- Initialization of ‘Firefox’ as an object.
- Navigation to the given page with the “driver.get.method”.
- Locating the element of the textbox for writing ‘email’.
- Sending the values to the email section.
- Locating the element of the textbox for writing ‘password’.
- Sending the values to the password section.
- Pressing enter after inserting values.
- Closing the code.
- Furthermore, you can also access the benefits of Selenium Web Scraping Python with the help of different types of locators in Selenium. Some of the notable locators include ID, XPath, CSS selector, and others.
Choose a competent web automation testing company right now for leveraging the most from Selenium by using Python.