Case Study: Healthcare Mobile App Testing
Application is to develop 2 apps for Parents:
The Family app aims to help families make healthier choices about their diet and physical activity. Families set health goals, identify the barriers that might stop them, then work towards the goals recording their progress as they go.
The Professional app helps healthcare professionals to support the families by providing tailored advice through the linked apps.
Objectives for Functional and Security Testing:
- Usability of the apps and how user friendly it is
- Healthcare related app, so data security and privacy was a major requirement
- Compatibility across all iOS and Android devices
- First launch to all over the state schools, so larger adoptions and usage
Technology: Native iOS and Android Java, Amazon EC2
Platforms: phone 5S, 6, iPad , Android Tab, Android lollypop & Mashmallow
- Proposed & implemented End to End testing solution covering functional testing across multiple browsers for admin console and mobile devices for both the apps
- Test Startegy for testing both the apps for UX, Performance and Security.
- Creating & executing all the test cases on and issues logged to BugHerd
- Detailed Security Testing Report containing vulnerabilities with proposed solutions to the vulnerabilites
- Application Compatible across all major devices
- Identification of security vulnerabilities across the app for both data leakage and privacy
- UX based testing for better human experience
- Quick execution of regression test suite before each release which helped in smoother release.
- Daily and Weekly Reports with Metrics for visibility and control